• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1986 M1008 No Crank after running?

Good Morning!

I have been having a new problem with my m1008 symptoms are as follows:

Truck hasn't been started for 2 weeks, I needed to pick up some workout equipment from dicks about 9 Miles from my house, Truck starts right up no problem. Drive it for about 20 to 30 min down the road, run in, check out, takes about 30 minutes. Go to start the truck nothing, Just clicks no crank. All lights work aside from the headlights which is weird since the head lights always work. Check the batteries everything seems fine, hook up some jumper cables still nothing... not cranking at all, I have replaced the starter recently because it was having trouble starting and for a few weeks after that everything ran good. I did notice the engine is very hot, and it has also been very hot out lately here in North Carolina. This problem happened once before same symptoms, however, I waited about an hour for my ride to come and tried to start and it started up. Batteries have been changed out in the past year, and does not seem like i'm lacking a charge. While it was running it seemed to be running good. I find it odd that the headlights have stopped working during this time. Could there be a problem that has caused the headlights not work while also preventing it from starting? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I have searched thought the forums and seen some posts about The injector pump causing symptoms like this but most of those posts suggest the engine was cranking. This is just turn the key it clicks and nothing.

cucvrus

Sounds like loose or poor connections at the battery cables. Do you have some pictures of the battery cables and clamps? Just one look. I would bet it is a bad connection. Good Luck.

cucvrus

Never, Never use the bolt on battery cable clamp ends. They are a buffet for corrosion and weak connections. Always get cables made up professionally of have them clean and soldered/crimped together. The bolts on always were and, and always will be trouble. Have a Great Day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks