• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do I get my generators to put out three phase?

Joseph Fleischli

I have three military generators and none of them put out three phase when switched to 3 phase with the switch behind the front panel. 2 of them are 5kw one is 10kw. They have 85 and 134 hours. These are in a military museum and supply the electricity as we are just getting started. Please help,

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. We need the MEP number to help you. There are about 5 generations of 5 and 10 kW units out there.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First, Exactly what model of generator are they (each one). Second, you may have to lubricate (with something like tunerlube) the switch with it turned off and not running, then try to operate the switch a few times, then crank up the machine in the position you desire. Third, make sure the switch is actually moving when you operate the controls. And, remember a 10KW generator will only put out about 35 amps on each phase, which would be just enough for a wall socket circuit, plus an overhead light circuit.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well to get her to put out, might want to give her a name, and take her out on a date first.

Guyfang

Staff member
When you say that you put them in three phase with the switch behind the panel, and don't get three phase, do you mean you have measured at the output lugs, or are using the AC meter on the panel? And yes, we need to know what type gen set they are.

Joseph Fleischli

My generators are MEP 002 and MEP 003. The volt meter on the front panel reads 240 with the front panel switch turned to 3ph and the 3 position (large switch) behind the front panel set to 3ph but none of the lugs registers any voltage on my analog or digital meters. This is on all three gens which the hour meters register 85, 134, and 812 hours on them. All switches are very positive (no looseness etc.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks