• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

11:00x20 to 14:00x20

BravoMike

Gentlemen
I just laid my hands on some x-US Army M923 from Germany AM General from 1983
They have stock 11:00R20 tyres (and a lot of them)
Can these wheels be changed directly to single 14:00x20 like on the M923A1 or do the later have another gearratio ect?
How much will this swap affect acceleration and top-speed?

Thank You
Bjarne Madsen
Denmark
Proud owner of 30+ US Army Vehicles WWII =>

Last edited:

BenRoberts

Certified insane
They will fit just fine. You can't use the same wheels though. I have lmtv wheels on my truck. Do not use the bud nuts on the rear to hold the new 14s on. Spring for a new set of lugs.

BenRoberts

Certified insane
It will be less take off power for sure but the 250 Cummins seems to have more low end grunt. Should ride better. 11/20s seem to bounce alot more in my opinion

sandcobra164

Top speed will increase, acceleration will decrease slightly due to basic leverage. I run 14's on my 5 ton and love the extra speed gained over the 11's. When I wear these tires out the question is whether I give up some top speed with 395's or will it make enough power to run 16's? If you weren't across the pond, I'd take you some rims that would accept whichever tire you choose so long as they are not the narrow ndc's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks