• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bed weight

brian s

I need to pick up the box of my deuce and was wondering if anyone knows what it weighs?
Thanks in advance.
Standard 12 foot and not a drop side..

CMPPhil

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

tobyS

I read the "weight of deuce parts" and determined the bed weighs between 1200 and 2000 lbs.

Since I got some wood today to stick through it and jack it up for removal....it's good to know. Sorry, no scales to get closer. I think I need 4 barrels and the tractor front end loader can handle one side at a time.

My deuce bed becomes a dump trailer bed.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I read the "weight of deuce parts" and determined the bed weighs between 1200 and 2000 lbs.

Since I got some wood today to stick through it and jack it up for removal....it's good to know. Sorry, no scales to get closer. I think I need 4 barrels and the tractor front end loader can handle one side at a time.

My deuce bed becomes a dump trailer bed.
Hey toby if my $.02 is worth anything to you, I would bet the 1820 LB weight quoted several time is close. My M939 14’ drop side bed with no seats, bows and the mudflaps, mudflap hangers and side marker lights removed, weighed right at 2000 LB. Unfortunately I cant find my picture of it hanging on the scale right this moment.

Last edited:

tobyS

Hey toby if my $.02 is worth anything to you, I would bet the 1820 LB weight quoted several time is close. My M939 14’ drop side bed with no seats, bows and the mudflaps, mudflap hangers and side marker lights removed, weighed right at 2000 LB. Unfortunately I cant find my picture of it hanging on the scale right this moment.
Yea, I think you are right on at the 1820# weight.

Mine has a heavy coat of undercoating that was near liquid in the heat the other day. I put 2 hardwood boards through it, sticking out the sides about a foot. I can get some steel barrels and may put a bit of water in them for stability. I picked up wood blocking at the sawmill too. Tractor can handle about 1200 so I'm okay there, one side at time.

Then the new trailer frame gets slipped under and the bed fitted to it.

tobyS

I couldn't do that with my loader...too small. Looks like you have a serious ballast. Is that water or something else?

Bill W

I couldn't do that with my loader...too small. Looks like you have a serious ballast. Is that water or something else?
Water in rear tires and in 55gal drum also. My 1956 Case is a beast but I would not try this now with her.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks