• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2, non-turbo engine

Stormcatcher

Hello everyone, this site is a great source of knowledge! It helped me a lot already.

Still I would like to ask for your advice. I bought a m35a2 non turbo. Great truck but without the whisling turbo its not perfect. So I bought a turbo and installed it.

And now....I red around that non turbo engines have more fuel coming in cause of cooling and that would be fine but its smoking like ****. Also under the turbo there is some oil leak but maybe its just slobber as the car didnt run for several years. I fired it up for around 10 times and drove it just a little around the yard. But still like 14 days to finish the resto works and get on the road to get a proper run...

Is it fine to install turbo on non turbo engine? Should I adjust the fuel? And if so, on the main pump or on the pre injection system?

Thanks for any help. Kinda afraid if the engine is ok....

Luca

jacklegjim

I put a C turbo on my non turbo multi-fuel.
I set the pump timing to the LDT timing mark
and it still smokes more than my other truck.
It pumps out that grey/brown smoke.
I need to turn the fuel down some before I put it on the road.

silverstate55

Useless
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put a C turbo on my non turbo multi-fuel.
I set the pump timing to the LDT timing mark
and it still smokes more than my other truck.
It pumps out that grey/brown smoke.
I need to turn the fuel down some before I put it on the road.
I did the same with same results; I had to retard the timing on the injection pump by one tooth, as the slotted grooves in the tooth just wouldn't allow enough movement to align everything the way it needed to be. It cleared up the smoking and the engine ran nice & smooth afterwards.

Removing the driver's side fender made for easy access.

CHIEFSONN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Engine Conversion: when converting the engine from LDT-465-1d toLDT-465-1c, the fuel pressure must be increased. to increase the fuel pressure, the stop plate must be adjusted. this adjustment can be done with the pump on the engine by turning the stop plate adjusting screw two -and two-thirds turns or turn the lock nut 14-16 flats.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks