• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hardtop prices

sgms18

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I decided I wanted a hardtop on the deuce & when i started looking around I bout fell in the floor. $1600+ everywhere I've looked! Wow! Thats got to be the single most expensive non mechanical part of the truck now. 8-10yrs ago the were under $500, guess i missed the boat. Even the soft tops are $400+ most places. Makes me wana go the tarp & bungee cord route

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I decided I wanted a hardtop on the deuce & when i started looking around I bout fell in the floor. $1600+ everywhere I've looked! Wow! Thats got to be the single most expensive non mechanical part of the truck now. 8-10yrs ago the were under $500, guess i missed the boat. Even the soft tops are $400+ most places. Makes me wana go the tarp & bungee cord route
C & C Equipment has new fiberglass tops for $750.
http://ccsurplus.com/store.htm

sgms18

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fiberglass looks like a decent option. Anyone have experience with them? I wonder how the hold up compared to the steel.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a thread on here about a guy who built the cab by with new steel - it's my inspiration for a new cab. The hardtop I got now is pretty flimsy, no way it can support weight. I want it strong enough to support a person climbing on it.

Even if you can find a top in fiberglass, you'll have to drive to get it, shipping is horrendous.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks