• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002 noise when starting

mtfleming

I have a noise when starting that may mean my starter or solenoid is about to go out. It still starts, but the starter gear may not be fully engaged. Do I need to know anything special before I take the starter off to see what I can find out?

Guyfang

Staff member
Other then disconnection the batteries? No. Go to TM 9-6115-584-34. Go to PDF reader page 60-71. This cover the starter. On page 70, there is info you can use to do the testing you want to do.

Bmxenbrett

Noise when its cranking? That could mean missing teeth on the ring gear. A new starter could help but not for long.

If you suspect this i suggest taking the starter out, put a mark on it then turning the engine by hand to check the ring gear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks