• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear square drive studs

coder123

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure this has been covered but I'm talking to guy a who says I must use the square drive studs on the rear of my M54 when I put super singles on....That's fine and I will but does the square drive just tighten up to the hub then? And then the outer nut tightens to the rim? Please someone clear this up.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 5ton combat wheels or the LMTV wheels either one will be fine with the standard lugnuts and wheel studs.

HEMTT rims would require offset lugnuts or longer wheelstuds.

What size tires do you plan to use?

dmetalmiki

When I fitted out my M35A2 with AEC Militant wheels and tires (200x20) I did not use the square st5uds, that is unsafe. I made 'Adaptor plates' to fit the original 6 studs, Using the original wheel nuts as well.and the plates (chamfered) carried the 10 stud AEC wheels. Using chamfered nuts and bolts I made.

tobyS

When I fitted out my M35A2 with AEC Militant wheels and tires (200x20) I did not use the square st5uds, that is unsafe. I made 'Adaptor plates' to fit the original 6 studs, Using the original wheel nuts as well.and the plates (chamfered) carried the 10 stud AEC wheels. Using chamfered nuts and bolts I made.
Necessity being the mother of invention!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks