• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chat room

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I decided to re-read the rules to the site (sheer boredom here folks yes I am that bored) and after reading about the chat room rules I decided to find said chat room and check it out..... Trouble is I can’t find it on my navigation bar or the drop downs.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
It hasn't been operational for a couple of years and as far as I understand, it won't ever be brought back to life. I think it was just too troublesome and unreliable to maintain/keep going so the ADMIN just dropped it.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably should be dropped from the rules then to lessen confusion for new members. Not trying to cause problems, I just find it odd to have a rule for something that isn’t there.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Probably should be dropped from the rules then to lessen confusion for new members. Not trying to cause problems, I just find it odd to have a rule for something that isn’t there.
You have a point there.

However....and this is not to make excuses, we only have ONE ADMIN that keeps this ship afloat without pay and in his "spare" time....which is limited to say the least given his high pressure primary job. I can imagine it's pretty darn easy to overlook something like that when so much else is going on.

I'll send him a PM and see what can be done. I don't think Mods have the capability to change things like that.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have a point there.

However....and this is not to make excuses, we only have ONE ADMIN that keeps this ship afloat without pay and in his "spare" time....which is limited to say the least given his high pressure primary job. I can imagine it's pretty darn easy to overlook something like that when so much else is going on.

I'll send him a PM and see what can be done. I don't think Mods have the capability to change things like that.
To be clear I was in no way taking shots at the site, this web page is a well of knowledge and a gift to all of us who own, operate, restore and love Former Military Vehicles. If it has a few bugs and rough edges so be it, it adds character.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
To be clear I was in no way taking shots at the site, this web page is a well of knowledge and a gift to all of us who own, operate, restore and love Former Military Vehicles. If it has a few bugs and rough edges so be it, it adds character.
LOL....I know Brother, and I only wanted to point out how easy it is to miss something like that when so much else is going on.:beer:

Lookn at it this way....if outdated rules are our biggest problem....we are in pretty darn good shape!!:tank:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for pointing it out....both of you. ;-)

Removed Chat from the rules. We don't have to get the head weenie for everything.

sw

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Stephen. My days are long right now. And my wife car shopping in the afternoons doesn't help either. I had hope that this morning would be my last 5am start of work day, looks like I was wrong.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to mention the trouble makers.:whistle:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks