• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I like "it's your truck" do what as want.

dmetalmiki

Well last weekend I changed out the axles springs windscreen on my 1942 jeep 'of many many many years'.
Today I thought to service my other 1943 Willys jeep.

I thought a plug needed cleaning..But, I (thought easier!) to put another engine in! (as you do?).

Oh, and 700x16 tires.

Still a bit low geared......

So popped in an overdrive unit. (tho' seriously t'was all (for me (really HARD work.))
SUPPER cruise great sound, and it still LOOKS like a 1943 WW11. Willys Jeep.

Attachments

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Flathead V8 circa 1943 (a little larger than the V8 pilot unit) the twin radiator hoses and distributor on the front of the engine is a giveaway, and so the Engines (2?) were used in some tanks, the Stuart, and I believe some were in the W.O.T. Truck.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Flathead V8 circa 1943 (a little larger than the V8 pilot unit) the twin radiator hoses and distributor on the front of the engine is a giveaway, and so the Engines (2?) were used some tanks, the Stuart, and I believe some were in the W.O.T. Truck.
That's why I asked, I only saw the flat head on the pass side and though it was some strange kind of 1/2 eight.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That Jeep just isn’t right anymore. How can you stand to have it around? You should send it to me immediately.

Nice work! I see so many engine mods, but rarely have I seen a swap to another period correct military engine. I’d bet that some GIs had the same idea many years ago. If you’re doing a Jeep engine swap, this is the way to do it. Big engine, taller tires, and OD. What kind of road speed do you get?

A Vietnam vet friend of mine has some stories about a similar project involving an M38. Apparently he and some other mechanics got their hands on an “extra” M38 and a bigger engine. They figured out how to shoehorn the engine into the Jeep and ended up with a dangerously fast Jeep. Dangerous for both the occupants and the rest of the Jeep’s stock running gear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks