• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problem timing mep 002 inj pump

Philratcliffe

I’m following the directions that came with the new inj pump I just bought from delks. The instructions say work transfer pump but they show a pic of a hand manually pumping a transfer pump. My mep 002 has an electric transfer pump!

i roll over the motor but the fuel never shuts off completely pr even close, I can see where it goes from a hard stream to a weaker one, but it never shuts off the fuel flow.

I connected the two return lines on the top of the pump. Should I have the return lines disconeccted during this process. Thanks in advance for any help or guidance

Philratcliffe

The front of the mep 002 engine is the opposite end from the control panel correct? The cylinder farthest from the control panel is cylinder number one correct. The instructions aren’t too clear on which end is the front I’m assuming the end with cyl number one must be, I just want confirmation. Thx

Guyfang

Staff member
If you go to the -34 tm, on page 7-40, it explains that #1 cylinder is closest to the blower. I think maybe going over the info in the -34 manual, starting on page 7-30 might help you in your indever.

Philratcliffe

If you go to the -34 tm, on page 7-40, it explains that #1 cylinder is closest to the blower. I think maybe going over the info in the -34 manual, starting on page 7-30 might help you in your indever.
the instructions that came with my fuel pump from delks was not that helpful but I now have a cd repair manual for the
mep 003.

I installed the ip after doing the test to figure out which shim i needed to install i installed it and timed and mounted the oumpnamd it would start. I tried mounting it 180 degrees out and got it to run but it has no power to carry a 3k watt load and smokes a lot. My old damaged pump was lost in shipping from the shop that was going to repair it but could get the parts as I’m in Colombia South America. I’m going to recheck my shim thickness test in the am and try again

it did whatbis was supposed to but I moved the post timing until I had zero fuel coming out of the injector line instead of one or two deop every 5 to 10 seconds, so I might be off on the timing.

Thx for your reply
im on an island and my iPhone won’t open the attachment on SS for some reason. Im sending those files to a friend that will print them out and make books out of them for future reference. I have three 002 and a fresh rebuilt engine on its way to me from the states thx again

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks