• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV 1071 Vs MTV 1088

hokanson86

looking into some opinions on witch one to buy. I love the way the 6x6 looks, do I really need all that probably not but also like the 1071 what are some pro and cons from experience about both models. My expectation for this vehicle will be to tow a 12K Bumper pull trailer while being able to load a short wheel base bronco on the back. In witch I will most likely be doing a custom bed for so either chassis would work. any input would be great. I do intend on doing high speed gears and would like to get a 99 or newer for the 3126 and the Exhaust brake. Right now im just looking for advice because its not all that easy to go get hands on with one and drive it (My local car dealership sold out of them and Car max is out also LOL) thanks guys

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
looking into some opinions on witch one to buy. I love the way the 6x6 looks, do I really need all that probably not but also like the 1071 what are some pro and cons from experience about both models. My expectation for this vehicle will be to tow a 12K Bumper pull trailer while being able to load a short wheel base bronco on the back. In witch I will most likely be doing a custom bed for so either chassis would work. any input would be great. I do intend on doing high speed gears and would like to get a 99 or newer for the 3126 and the Exhaust brake. Right now im just looking for advice because its not all that easy to go get hands on with one and drive it (My local car dealership sold out of them and Car max is out also LOL) thanks guys
Better go check what vehicles you want to compare. There is no 1071. Pick and choose 1078,1079,1080 and 1081s are all 4x4 lmtv trucks 1083 thru 1094 and 1096 are 6x6 FMTV trucks

There is a picture guide of each truck in the TMs for the lmtv trucks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks yeah I ment 1078 Not 1071 I have a co worker that loves his 1078 but don't know any one or have any input on the 6x6 chassis
Keep in-mind the load ratings; The 1078=2-1/2 ton but the 1083s= 5 ton and requires a cdl to drive.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks