• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Troubleshooting Suspension Issue

Zeus51

Ok.... I have a M1008. I just finished putting Offroad Design’s shackle flip with custom springs on my truck. Before placing the springs on the truck, the front springs looked symmetrical and the rear springs looked symmetrical. Though I admit, I did not measure them. Also, before replacing these springs, the truck sat completely level. Now that I have new springs, shocks, and high crossover steering installed, the truck leans toward the driver side being lower than the passenger side. Has anyone had experience with this? What are things I can do to trouble shoot and fix this? Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Maybe a silly question but have you driven the truck yet, it may have to settle in being up in the air and not having weight on the suspension?

Dock Rocker

Maybe a silly question but have you driven the truck yet, it may have to settle in being up in the air and not having weight on the suspension?
This

Let everything settle a little. Make sure nothing is in a bind. If not go drive it a little and cycle the suspension some. See if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeus51

Thanks guys. I've driven it around town some. I even stopped in and tried to flex it up pretty well to see it made a difference. Keep the suggestions coming though. This kind of thing is going to drive my obsessive compulsiveness crazy... Haha!

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Does the bed line up with the cab? Maybe frame is sprung from install?
If bed does not line up maybe put some stress on front or rear of truck.

Well you type faster than I, done flexed it some already. I would flex and check for bind, measure frame height, find which corner is needing attention.

Last edited:

Ilikemtb999

Did you tighten all the spring/shackle bolts with it on the ground or in the air? I'd loosen them all up and try and get everything to settle.

nyoffroad

Is it the whole left side or just the left rear corner? I'd start by loosening the rear shackle bolts and while under there take a good look and make sure you have the shackles in correectly (if removed) and make sure the springs are the same. Count the leaves and make sure you didn't turn one around. After that I'd be calling ORD.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks