• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ammo box storage ideas for mv

kneesnthebreeze

I am looking to install some sort of rolling// sliding ammo box rack for the bed of the truck. My whole familly goes shooting at once and was trying to figure out good ideas for a sliding and self supporting system to load several different ammo box and crates to be accessible from the bed of the truck without having to crawl up in it to remove them. Perhaps some sort of track and castor rail for shelving units that could be pulled out from the end of the tailgate and bed area for organizing them and being able to get them in an orderly manner. Surely im not the first to think of this and some of yall may have some thoughts or pictures of what you have done. Also looking for home made water and fuel container bracket ideas. Any prefabs that are on the market or show me what you have come up with! Usually this type of crowd enjoys shooting and or reloading and going on a family outing as much i do.

kneesnthebreeze

Yeah i saw that on another thread earlier. The idea of my hard reloading work being jarred and falling onto the road makes me cringe. I have limited space by the mud flaps anyway. Being a 931 converted to a troop bed. The flaps almost hang past the rear bumper. Looking for more of an interior bed idea.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You can turn them sideways and tuck em up under the bed so that the box lid closes flush with the outer lip of the bed. Bout as good as I can get it. I had 2 mounted on the spare tire carrier too Screenshot_20180626-204729_Photos.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Not a bad idea!
Easiest way is to drill a hole thru the support members and install some allthread going across. then in the bottom of the can drill 2 holes for a square type U bolt then fasten it around the all thread. You can drill two holes thru the outer lip on the bed rail and fasten the box to that using some steel strips to keep it from pulling thru.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks