• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38A1 Dutch army jeep

onewatt

Hi From a newbie over the pond, and thanks for letting me join.

I have just bought my 1st jeep to work on as below, ex dutch army and trying to work out if its about right or a bitsa, yes cart before the horse I know.

1st question is regarding whether or not the engine can be accepted as a correct fitment.

Engine number is actually 151 018379 which suggests to me its a 151 engine? but data plate is showing MD109814
incorrect hoops and canvas also have to go, and can you get fender repair sections where the overlay re-reinforcement section fits towards the back of the fender including the edge profile which is missing on mine on both sides as you can see.
Any advice would be great.

M38-3.jpgM38-4.jpg
M38-2.jpg

Thanks
Chris

Zil131-161-A2M, Bedford MJ, M38A1

68t

Looks great, I got three m38a1 but needs resto. Also try g503 website a lot of jeep folks over there too.:beer:

onewatt

A bit more info. I've found a data plate on the engine block, fuel pump side back near the gearbox bell-housing as shown:

Also a few pics of the trailer I got with the jeep.Trailer seems genuine US and I think is a mighty mite, but data plate is unreadable. Again, it needs a bit of work.

The engine data plate suggests a replacement engine/overhauled engine in 78 which I would think is reasonable but unable to find anything to date the build date of the truck at the moment.

M38-5.jpgM38-6.jpgM38-7.jpgM38-8.jpgM38-9.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trailer is M416, built for use with M151 series. It will be fine behind the A1. The engine data plate is from when Dutch military overhauled the engine.

JEB

About 20 years ago I saw an ad for Dutch M38A1s in a UK Land Rover magazine, being offered by a UK surplus dealer. It said they were Complete Knock Down production (US parts assembled in Europe) and NATO war reserve surplus. I almost bought one.

Major Asstyrd

These are called NEKAF jeeps, for the original builder in Rotterdam, "Nederlandse Kaiser-Frazer." US-built parts assembled by the Dutch with required highway safety equipment added. I borrowed a frontline ambulance version from a friend and took it to two of our meets in California. It had a stretcher kit and long top like a heavier duty version of what fit on WWII and M38 jeeps. I don't think the Dutch Army used a stretched wheelbase ambulance jeep.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks