• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trouble starting Deuce

deconn

Hears the story, Started the deuce moved it 30 ft. shut it down, went back to start it, wouldn't turn over just a clunk. I have replaced the starter and the relay, still a clunk. The amp meter in side the cab gets nailed when I push the starter button, so theirs a short somewhere. I have checked the wiring, its strange start one minute then this. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, deconn

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
How many volts do you have on the start signal wire at the starter when the button is pushed? If you think it is a short, easiest way to check is to run a new wire from the start button to the starter with alligator leads to see if that fixes your problem. just cut the insulation on the wire up by the start button to clip on.

Another temporary fix is to shake the harness in and around the dash or around the starter and see if it starts while you do it.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was this a small clunk click or a truck shaking clunk bang like you might have hydro locked.
One mans clunk is another mans treasure.

Last edited:

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The push button switch may be your problem. I have had the same problem with 2 trucks and it was the switch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks