• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton knuckle rubber boot w/zipper

CES 3245th

I realize that this has probably been beaten to death but I’ll ask anyways. I have read multiple bad experiences on this site with the 5 ton knuckle rubber boot w/zipper replacement! Unfortunately I need to change my out. BUT I don’t want to buy one and then have to change it two months down the road so I’m looking for anyone who has actually had a good experience with a particular brand or vendor with this item. I just don’t want to keep revisiting this issue with the boots. Thank you in advance

knuckle boot leaking.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I realize that this has probably been beaten to death but I’ll ask anyways. I have read multiple bad experiences on this site with the 5 ton knuckle rubber boot w/zipper replacement! Unfortunately I need to change my out. BUT I don’t want to buy one and then have to change it two months down the road so I’m looking for anyone who has actually had a good experience with a particular brand or vendor with this item. I just don’t want to keep revisiting this issue with the boots. Thank you in advance

View attachment 732910
Kenny had them in Wisconsin on ebay. He is a member here as well. They are newstar brand. As long as you aren't going offroad they will hold up just fine. If you aren't offroad I would not worry too much about them then I have ran 100,000 miles + with busted boots. Even if you are offroad mildly. Just simply flushing the area with a couple tubes of grease will be fine.

twisted60

I changed both about a year and a half ago and no problems. Bought off epay, maybe from SS member don't remember. Easy to install, I will use again if I need.

my blood flows OD

Replacing the boot w/ the full rubber boot is not that bad of a job.
in my opinion it is a good job for any responsible 5 ton to do or have done the right way by a shop cause it’s forces you to disassemble the front end and inspect all the safety components to the wheel bearings, brakes and steering ( king pin bushings, rod ends extremely.)

BEASTMASTER

I had to do mine way back 14 yrs. ago when I first got my wagon. about 7000 miles ago,and the drivers side is still good,and I just had to replace the pass. side a couple months ago. I go with Memphis equip. just my preference.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The one thing that is a must "NO CHINESE MADE", a few years ago, there was some of this CHAP on the market, they did NOT LAST long, the rubber was NOT compatible with gear oil and grease.

CES 3245th

A lot of these places that sell these boots don't say where they made. Do you have any info on any vendors that sell U.S.A. made that will actually last more than two months.

Thanks CES 3245th

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
No, if the vendor can not tell where it is made, find another vendor, just about every item sold in the USA has the country of origin either on the item or on the packaging., or both.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got these at a rally. All the boot has is MFR6K104 now the first sticker does not have anything. What's funny is the sticker under the first sticker has MFR6k404. Now if people would write down there MFR # before install.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks