• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What smaller trucks would a deuce engine fit in ?

Drizzet

I am having the engine in my deuce swapped for a 8.9 Cummins and will now have a perfectly good ldt 465 sitting around and while I could just sell it I was thinking a fun project might be seeing what else I could put it in.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We helped a guy that put one with the transmission in a one ton older Chevy dually. Mostly we just helped with out M543A2 setting the motor in place. He got it done and used it to haul campers from Indiana to Florida. He would never check and adjust the valves on the rear three cylinders because there was no way he could have gotten the valve cover off. Sadly an electrical problem in the cab caused the cab to burn after several months so badly the truck was a total loss.

tobyS

I was dreaming of a mid engine truck not long ago. I have an F550 bus that has a really wide rear end and low suspension...maybe use the LMTV bed I have but work in an engine cover at the front. Would go for Allison 6 speed with it. That would allow a cab in front to be really lowered. I'm like you, I like to think of projects to utilize what I have.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks