• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picture of the hole plugs on steering column?

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have a picture of the hole plugs that go in the sides of the steering column? I want to try to find a suitable replacement. Thanks!

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ordered some from McMaster Carr, if memory serves me right they were just 1” black plastic hole plugs.
They came in a pack of 50 or 100, if you were close enough I’d give you some....I have more than I’ll ever us left over.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I measured the holes to be 26mm (1.025-1.028" measured with dial calipers). That size puts it out of range for many sheet metal plugs.

I'd still like to see what the real plugs look like, so I could try to find the correct ones. Otherwise I'll resort to just sticking "anything that fits" in there.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
what do they cap? Is there like a grease Zerk underneath for a u-joint on the steering shaft or?
I think I did see a post saying that the joints in the steering shaft are greaseable, but without the caps in place the steering column is basically an open pipe to the ground, and it lets in cold air (winter), dust, etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks