• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 Mogli's first job

joeblack5

happy Independence Day,

9 years ago i bought a military Hyster electric forklift on ebay. There were some electric issues with it but $600 and $ 800 shipping from texas to PA was a good deal. The new stickers was still on it and it was a lot more then what i paid for it. :) Not sure what is was used for but there was a sticker stating that it was checked for nuclear contamination. Got my ludlum radiation detector with pancake out and went over it and could not find anything.

The reason to go electric was to use it as a battery backup for our solar and be able to get of the grid. I needed the forklift but not use it very often. The battery was weak when i got it and a new one is expensive. A year ago I run in an electric research vehicle at the local scrap yard with nice Ni Mh batteries so time to get rid of the lead. The battery is about 3200 LBS so when we bought Mogli I hoped that the loader could lift it.

The set up... of course not the correct chain and hooks.

I was nervous about the loader hoses but they held up.

Did not check the tire pressure , probably was low because the power steering had a little bit of a hard time with that weight in front.

Altogether a good morning.

Later J

joeblack5

Well I was lucky that the loader was able to get that high and made it above the forklift's cab. In retrospect your comment made me only now realize that the steering was OK when the battery was hanging still high up. Then just for safety sake I dropped it down to 4" above ground and I thought that I had lost the power steering. Now I think that that put the load quite a bit further out and compressed the tires much more. I did not try to lift it back up from an extended position. Now I am curious , may be we were just lucky that it worked out this way.

Pins...Yes i thought about using the hoe but figured the loader would keep the weight as close to the vehicle as possible, so my confidence in the loader was higher. a big part was that the main cylinder on the hoe is leaking somewhat. This activity was all downtown and getting the hoe up would take a lot more time.

later J

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks