• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

flu419 clutch pedal pressure HELP

joeblack5

our flu419 seems to change gears well without grinding but the clutch pedal is pretty heavy. After I parked from its first job today and got back in our cherokee I thought that I had lost the clutch in the cherokee . So can anybody share an opinion how much force it needs to depress the clutch pedal.
I checked the linkage in the cab and that has no friction. Could not directly find the slave cylinder location so may be something is up there?

Thank you ,
later J

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
our flu419 seems to change gears well without grinding but the clutch pedal is pretty heavy. After I parked from its first job today and got back in our cherokee I thought that I had lost the clutch in the cherokee . So can anybody share an opinion how much force it needs to depress the clutch pedal.
I checked the linkage in the cab and that has no friction. Could not directly find the slave cylinder location so may be something is up there?

Thank you ,
later J
They are heavy clutch pedals. I mean equal to that of a deuce and a half or an older 5 ton. about 3x the force of a normal car would be. I used to always nearly push my F250s clutch thru the floor after exiting a MV. The slave is adjustable

joeblack5

haha, nice Simp... yes that is exactly what I did getting back in the cherokee. FLU may be you have to much fun in the 419 to notice the pain in your knees? I am more sensitive because working on the clutch in these seems to be a horror story. Is there any opening where you can actually peak in and see the clutch? I will check the bell housing drain plug tomorrow id something got rusted up in there.

If anybody has a specification then that would be great.

later J

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks