Thread: flu419 clutch pedal pressure HELP

Thanks

Default flu419 clutch pedal pressure HELP

our flu419 seems to change gears well without grinding but the clutch pedal is pretty heavy. After I parked from its first job today and got back in our cherokee I thought that I had lost the clutch in the cherokee . So can anybody share an opinion how much force it needs to depress the clutch pedal.
    I checked the linkage in the cab and that has no friction. Could not directly find the slave cylinder location so may be something is up there?

Thank you ,
    later J

Get your ding biscuits! Steel Soldiers Vendor simp5782's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,243 Times in 1,902 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeblack5 View Post
    our flu419 seems to change gears well without grinding but the clutch pedal is pretty heavy. After I parked from its first job today and got back in our cherokee I thought that I had lost the clutch in the cherokee . So can anybody share an opinion how much force it needs to depress the clutch pedal.
    I checked the linkage in the cab and that has no friction. Could not directly find the slave cylinder location so may be something is up there?

Thank you ,
    later J
    They are heavy clutch pedals. I mean equal to that of a deuce and a half or an older 5 ton. about 3x the force of a normal car would be. I used to always nearly push my F250s clutch thru the floor after exiting a MV. The slave is adjustable
    2008 F-250 6.4L Powerstroke
    1984 AM General M923A0 (45% up pump #16 button - Dual 3/8" Fuel Line Mod - MRAP Aluminum Radiator - 8" Ram Air Intake system - Dual 115 gallon tanks - Air Conditioning - 145amp alternator - Puradyn Oil Bypass system, CAT 7155 16speed transmission, Oshkosh 55000 Transfer Case, riding on 16.00 AT-3s on HEMTT wheels. )
    83' M923A1
    M796 Bolster
    M322 Equipment Trailer
    MEP-804A

901-318-8353 for Help in and or around the Memphis area or transporting in the southeast. Text me first before calling.

Tires (HMMWV, 395s, 1600s) and Transportation Vendor

Wes

Videos at https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=5782simp

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTd...D4dOJidPFnmYGA

3. The Following User Says Thank You to simp5782 For This Useful Post:

joeblack5 (07-04-2018)

Thanks

Hmm. I never thought that my clutch pedals required much force. And I have very bad knees so I'm fairly sensitive to such things.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The FLU farm For This Useful Post:

joeblack5 (07-04-2018)

Thanks

haha, nice Simp... yes that is exactly what I did getting back in the cherokee. FLU may be you have to much fun in the 419 to notice the pain in your knees? I am more sensitive because working on the clutch in these seems to be a horror story. Is there any opening where you can actually peak in and see the clutch? I will check the bell housing drain plug tomorrow id something got rusted up in there.

If anybody has a specification then that would be great.

later J

Thanks

Have you flushed your silicone brake fluid? Can and do get water in the system that gums it up. The slave cylinder is visible under the driver side of the cab.