• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee brackets would like to identify

Hummermark

Hi,

Does anyone recognise these tan brackets fitted to my Humvee? What there purpose would be? Also, why the triangular reinforcement riveted into the rocket panel - was this done because they were cracking?

TIMG_1134.jpgIMG_1140.jpgIMG_1141.jpgIMG_1142.jpgIMG_1145.jpgIMG_1134.jpgIMG_1140.jpgIMG_1141.jpgIMG_1142.jpgIMG_1145.jpghanks

Mark

911joeblow

The rear brackets accept a 4-man bulkhead so the rear tailgate can be down and there be a bulkhead as well to keep cargo in. Are there mount hols on the inside of your tailgate too? The center rocker doublers are in the TMs somewhere. The brackets on the side fenders I am not sure about. The ones on the hood are for a recovery 'pioneer' tool set usually.

Hummermark

Hi will check if there is holes on the inside of tailgate.
The rear brackets hardly stick out from body you would only gain about a couple of inches by having tail gate down does not seem worth it?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greetings from the other side of the pond!

Those are part of the combat id thermal louvered panel holders. Used on rear tailgate, sides, x doors, hood and front brushguard. Not very common as required to be removed per demil requirements. The id panels are very scarce.

If you remove the ones on the hood grill and top of hood by windshield, I would be interested.

The lower panel reinforcement at the b pillar is for the 3point seat belts.

Last edited:

Action

The rear brackets accept a 4-man bulkhead so the rear tailgate can be down and there be a bulkhead as well to keep cargo in. Are there mount hols on the inside of your tailgate too? The center rocker doublers are in the TMs somewhere. The brackets on the side fenders I am not sure about. The ones on the hood are for a recovery 'pioneer' tool set usually.
Lower the tailgate then install a panel that serves the same purpose that the tailgate did before it was lowered???
The rocker panel piece is in the seatbelt or seat MWO kits.
The other brackets and hood pieces should be for CID panels.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We just had a thread on this. EDIT: INCORRECT: The rear tailgate area brackets are for "convoy ahead" sign.

Juanprado is correct, the side, rear and hood brackets are for CID panels.

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A local member gave me a set of the rear tailgate brackets. I took the part numbers and ran a search. They came back as part of a rear combat id panel kit for a hmmwv.

Attachments

Hummermark

Hi if you still want the brackets you can have them free just pay for the shipping.
can bring them over to thee USA so shipping would be USA only.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We just had a thread on this. EDIT: INCORRECT: The rear tailgate area brackets are for "convoy ahead" sign.

Juanprado is correct, the side, rear and hood brackets are for CID panels.
NDT, not so much on the convoy ahead sign. Plus, that can change by convoy, serial or commander or break down, there'd be no reason that would be financially responsible to install on every vehicle, they are for CID panels.

Hummermark

Why was the triangle section needed for the seat belt upgrade as the retraction unit does not attach to the body that low on B pillar?

Hummermark

Should have said why did it need to be reinforced ie was that point creasing with the occupants being with strained by the seat belts?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks