• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.0/4L80E swap in my M1008

DooDooBrown

The motor and 4L80e from justchevytrucks shows up next week!

ColoradoK5 may be a better place to ask this, but the question is; if I move the engine forward 2" can I mount the 4L80e in the same location as the TH400 and not change my drivelines?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think this question has come up before on this forum. I can see why you would want to do this. I suspect you will have to see if the pulley/harmonic balancer and fan is too close to the radiator when you install the engine. If so, the driveshaft length changes are not too expensive.

Chaski

ColoradoK5 may be a better place to ask this, but the question is; if I move the engine forward 2" can I mount the 4L80e in the same location as the TH400 and not change my drivelines?

Might also run into oil pan clearance issues, or future clearance issues if crossover steering is ever in the agenda.

I'd just sell a kidney and have the driveshaft work done.

DooDooBrown

Well I’ve got the parts coming to do a crossover and highsteer as well. In other words, both kidneys are sold ha. I’ll let you how it goes.

Jozseph

Look at the Bowtie Overdrives Adjustable Mount.

slide.gif

http://www.bowtieoverdrives.com/catalog/catalog_inc/viewitem.php?ITEMID=679

My resolve part of the issue

Regards

Joseph

Last edited:

xlcooplx

I'm a bit late to the game but if you haven't already, I suggest checking out Scotty's LS swap mounts for square trucks. They keep the oil pan from hanging too low and they also retain ability to use the LS truck compressor if you want to add AC. Also, you will want to upgrade your driveshaft, whether or not the lengths are the same or different. The driveshafts in these trucks were not made to see the RPMs that it would behind a modern drivetrain. You will have a critical driveshaft failure if you fail to upgrade it.

https://squareup.com/market/tejassteelworks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks