Thread: long time lurker, figured its time

Private
    Thanks

Default long time lurker, figured its time

greetings all, after lurking the forums for several years and building a plan, i figured its about time to actually register! im in so-cal (orange county area) and my plan is to find an old deuce in need of some TLC and a good home, and do a full conversion to a proper 'home on wheels' for retirement. the manuals here have been a godsend for educating myself and deciding on what i need for a base deuce to start from!

looking forward to posting the plan and getting community feedback from people that live with their baby's every day!

Thanks
    Thanked 18,145 Times in 6,420 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by erojiji69 View Post
    greetings all, after lurking the forums for several years and building a plan, i figured its about time to actually register! im in so-cal (orange county area) and my plan is to find an old deuce in need of some TLC and a good home, and do a full conversion to a proper 'home on wheels' for retirement. the manuals here have been a godsend for educating myself and deciding on what i need for a base deuce to start from!

looking forward to posting the plan and getting community feedback from people that live with their baby's every day!
    Welcome aboard Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway

Sounds like you've been doing a lot of "home schooling" on the MV topic. Good Job

Now it's time to get yourself some real "seat time" by getting a truck of your own.

Keep us posted on your exploits, Sir!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 986 Posts

Welcome to the site, the hobby, friendships, and events to come. I hope you succeed in your quest to find an 'alternate home'. These trucks can be SO modified and tweaked to suit ones 'needs'.
    (and) something great to tinker with in retirement. (retirement = 'new found leisure' (fun time)).
    You can bet you WILL enjoy it.

This week with temperatures in the 30's I actually went out to the workshop and slept in my (Much altered!) M54 camper. Air conditioner on..sat TV on..food drink..bliss.
    And no I didn't forget the cat! it was in there too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dmetalmiki; 07-11-2018 at 16:48. Reason: add pictures
    FV. 432. Armoured Personal Carrier.
    M54A2 I.H. M62. wrecker
    M54A2 5 Ton (with Radio Body. ex praga command station)
    M45 530C fire truck
    M35A2 Deuce
    M561 Gamma Goat
    1942 Ford Jeep (with underfloor tulsa winch)
    1945 Willys Jeep (with V8 flathead Engine).
    1945 Willys Jeep. (with Overdrive).

Thanks
    Thanked 3,101 Times in 1,606 Posts

Welcome partner!! Where in Orange County? I used to live, (about an eon ago) in Yorba Linda, Fullerton and Placentia.

Thanks

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    M35A2 Grumpy
    M606 flatty
    M925A2 Bubbles
    M105A2

Robert

Private
    Thanks

guyfang: im right at the edge of anahiem/fullerton the 57/91 interchange is practically spitting distance, and have 80 acres out in yucca valley
    dmetalmiki: very similar to what i have planned! and yes, it will be a long term 'tinker toy' that i can enjoy driving around the back roads of the country at a brisk 45mph! not like im gonna ever be in a rush to get somewhere haha

Thanks
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by erojiji69 View Post
    guyfang: im right at the edge of anahiem/fullerton the 57/91 interchange is practically spitting distance, and have 80 acres out in yucca valley
    dmetalmiki: very similar to what i have planned! and yes, it will be a long term 'tinker toy' that i can enjoy driving around the back roads of the country at a brisk 45mph! not like im gonna ever be in a rush to get somewhere haha
    Welcome from a former Southern Californian now in Nevada. I used to live in the Huntington Beach area, and owned a weekender cabin out on Ghost Road in the Johnson Valley (Landers area).
    1972 M35A2C W/W 1986 M105A2 1953 M38A1 "He was old and wise, which meant tired and disappointed" T.E. Lawrence