• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

long time lurker, figured its time

erojiji69

greetings all, after lurking the forums for several years and building a plan, i figured its about time to actually register! im in so-cal (orange county area) and my plan is to find an old deuce in need of some TLC and a good home, and do a full conversion to a proper 'home on wheels' for retirement. the manuals here have been a godsend for educating myself and deciding on what i need for a base deuce to start from!

looking forward to posting the plan and getting community feedback from people that live with their baby's every day!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
greetings all, after lurking the forums for several years and building a plan, i figured its about time to actually register! im in so-cal (orange county area) and my plan is to find an old deuce in need of some TLC and a good home, and do a full conversion to a proper 'home on wheels' for retirement. the manuals here have been a godsend for educating myself and deciding on what i need for a base deuce to start from!

looking forward to posting the plan and getting community feedback from people that live with their baby's every day!
Welcome aboard :-D Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

Sounds like you've been doing a lot of "home schooling" on the MV topic. Good Job :goodjob:

Now it's time to get yourself some real "seat time" by getting a truck of your own. :grd:

Keep us posted on your exploits, Sir!

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site, the hobby, friendships, and events to come. I hope you succeed in your quest to find an 'alternate home'. These trucks can be SO modified and tweaked to suit ones 'needs'.
(and) something great to tinker with in retirement. (retirement = 'new found leisure' (fun time)).
You can bet you WILL enjoy it.

This week with temperatures in the 30's I actually went out to the workshop and slept in my (Much altered!) M54 camper. Air conditioner on..sat TV on..food drink..bliss.
And no I didn't forget the cat! it was in there too.

Attachments

Last edited:

erojiji69

guyfang: im right at the edge of anahiem/fullerton the 57/91 interchange is practically spitting distance, and have 80 acres out in yucca valley
dmetalmiki: very similar to what i have planned! and yes, it will be a long term 'tinker toy' that i can enjoy driving around the back roads of the country at a brisk 45mph! not like im gonna ever be in a rush to get somewhere haha

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
guyfang: im right at the edge of anahiem/fullerton the 57/91 interchange is practically spitting distance, and have 80 acres out in yucca valley
dmetalmiki: very similar to what i have planned! and yes, it will be a long term 'tinker toy' that i can enjoy driving around the back roads of the country at a brisk 45mph! not like im gonna ever be in a rush to get somewhere haha
Welcome from a former Southern Californian now in Nevada. I used to live in the Huntington Beach area, and owned a weekender cabin out on Ghost Road in the Johnson Valley (Landers area).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks