• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maybe a WC-12 saved from the scrapyard

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking through the MVPA vehicle registry, all the WC-1's have 7 digit VINs. There is a W-26757 which is close to your W-26083 and it's VIN is 8661698. So, based on that, I think I see 866?87? as your VIN. Sand on it some to see if more definition on the stamping appears. Do you have date of delivery? Might be 1940 or 41.

If the 1.5 ton cab is truly the same, I would use that. Once it is sandblasted, nobody will know but you.

sokoji

Thanks for the info on the vins. I'll have to try a bit more aggressive sandjng, I tried a wire wheel and 200 grit sandpaper paper so far. Where do you find the date of delivery? There are no tags on the dash or glove box.

From what I have seen the cabs are pretty close, there are small differences such as the 1.5 ton has access panel under the seat for the battery, no holes for the rear window grille and a different windsheild mechanism.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Nice score oh I mean so sad not much to start with. I do know that I know someone that would pick up the truck if you lose interest.

Old Power Wagons, REAL Military Hardware. The engine is fine as long as freezing cracks have not developed. And even if the powertrain is bad their are other options from other equipment that has compatible engines, parts. Wow I think that I gave away most flat head parts. But they are still out there, even for reasonable cost.

715m29

I have an Ambulance with the windshield Parts, I plan on parting it out soon. I want to get the frame and gas tank, and a few small parts. It had the back end cut off and was converted into a pickup.
As far as engines go, if your ok without having matching numbers they do come up. I got Mine from a delivery van for 250$, that was going to repowered with a Cummins.

sokoji

Yeah no qualms about matching serial numbers since someone already swapped the engine with a Chrysler 251. I might pick-up one of the engines from the guy I got the truck from one of them at least still is complete and wasn't sitting out in the elements exposed.

Yeah let me know when your ready sell those parts. Would you happen to have a picture of the parts that hold the windheild open, I haven't seen one complete not even sure all that I'm missing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks