• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

X Doors Gelcoat

Stonewall

I am sure there is something on this site somewhere, but I have tried to search all over. Can someone point me to the best way to do minor repairs to the gelcoat on a set of x doors. In some places, the gealcoat is gone and it is to the fibers in the door. I know if the coat is not repaired, the paint will just soak into the fibers and never give a proper finish. For ease, I was thinking of just using an epoxy and then sanding it smooth, but there is probably a correct, easy way to do this economically.

natrgatr

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any boating shop will have gelcoat repair kits. They are easy to use and relatively cheap. I think most automotive parts stores carry them as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks