• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much is this M1028 worth?

stevenbeven

Hey all. Feel like I’ve made a bad decision with this purchase and lookin to see what people think this might be worth? I paid 7800 which was too much I believe and have just been pouring money into it and may have hit a stopping point.

Curious what you guys think something like this is worth?
Truck has 58k miles
Engine has less than 10 probably

M1028
454 balances crank
Flat top pistons
Rollover rockers
850 holly carb
MSD Ignition
Flow master 44 series
Leaks oil somewhere haven’t got to that yet.

(Also have mad dog headers with super 10 mufflers) was just too loud for me. Still loud and can get the exhaust leak fixed around new exhaust manifold. Driving me nuts.

Turbo 400 with manual valve body. Im not a fan but I guess some like the manual valve body conversion.

Has (5) 37 MTRs & (5) H1 wheels with Baja tires but not switched yet.

Detroit’s front and rear I’m told. Feels like it in front too but haven’t opens diff cover.

Crossover steering conversion with PSC Box

35” tires pretty new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

nyoffroad

Well I guess it was worth $7800 to you, but I wouldn't go that high. Nice truck but I have trouble climbing in mine at the stock height.:???:

Iceman3005

I sold mine for $5000. It was in decent condition for its age, all original. Since yours does not have the original engine, radiator, wiring that really hurts it's value. The lift, tires, cross-over steering do help the value some. you might get $4000 for it, maybe a little more.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Am I buying? Or am I selling?

If I'm buying, I want it for about $3k. That gives me good axles and a rolling chassis to work from. Since it's far from stock already I can stick a Cummins in it and probably sell it at close to break even on the investment, with the gas engine left over to be sold for profit margin. (Most people who like the CUCV would consider a 5.9 Cummins to be an engine upgrade. That leaves the gas engine to be sold in other markets)

If I'm selling as it is, I'm looking for the $7500, but it's going to be a hard sell. Your potential buyer at that price point is the guy who prefers a gasoline engine to a diesel. Most guys who'd prefer a gas engine would also consider the military attributes to be a detriment. Finding the guy who'd like the CUCV, and who'd also consider the modifications to be improvements is going to take some doing. I'd expect to sit on it for a long time.

All that said, you couldn't duplicate it for $7500. If the gas engine is your thing, then you're not into it unrealistically.

At $7500, you're competing with HMMWVs, deuces, and 5tons. If I'm spending that kind of $$ I'm looking hard at A0 5tons and nice solid M35A2s....

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some interesting parts on it: looks like the steering box is ported for a rock ram, the steering shaft upgraded from the rag joint, high steer arms, aluminum radiator w/dual electric fans, new leaf springs. So, yeah, with the D60/14BFF detroits you have $4K of parts in it.

Last edited:

stevenbeven

Thanks for the input guys. Sorry I’ve been away for a while tied up with work and haven’t really been on the forum.

I believe as it sits I could get 7 to 8 for it but I’ve decided to keep it and just keep throwing money at it! LOL. Fixes all problems right! LOL.

I can see how a lot of people might see the value lower than that because of unoriginal parts on the unit but disagree that it drops the value as much as some have said (wouldn’t be my intention to give someone a steal of a deal ha). The engine that’s in it has probably 400 to 600 hp and by itself is worth a decent penny - it will melt those 35’s in quick order. My intention was never to have it be a perfect original replica - at least not for this one.

As it goes with these types of things you rarely get what you put into it in but hopefully pretty cool when it’s done so I’ll keep at it and keep hassling you guys for tips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ilikemtb999

It certainly has some decent upgrades on it. I'd personally swap for a turbo LS setup over the 454. Can make more power for probably what you can sell that big block for and get double digit mpg's. 4l80e would also be a nice upgrade. Any pics of the whole truck?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks