• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member from VT

johnkelly2018

Hello all, joined the group tonight, very good group of folks on here.
recently acquired 1980 AM General 813a1 w/w.
I'm looking for advice on paint,truck had been painted bright yeller.
want to bring back the original colors.
Thanks

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Welcome from Colchester.

I'm not exactly sure what the original color would be for a 1980 model. For Army trucks early m813s would have been 24087 OD green with the large white stars. In the mid 1970s they started painting trucks MERDC 4 color camo so perhaps a 1980 would have been the base green color used with that scheme, at least from the factory. You could also paint it 3 color camo which the army started using in the mid 1980s, that's the typical style/colors still used today. 686 tan would be another color it could have been painted in service.

There is a big military vehicle show at the end of the month in Weare, NH that would be a good place to check out the different paintjobs in person.

johnkelly2018

Thank you so much for the help!
I will check out that show in Weare N.h. I just getting started on my truck ordered in the proper tail lights,today.
have a couple of minor air leaks to repair, but she is a great runner.
You have stencils for sale,could you tell me what you have?
Thanks again John Kelly

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks