• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC 52 What engine do I have?

thebernice

Hi everybody, this is my first time around here. I'm restoring a WC 52 I bought from a gentleman in California and it's pretty much my first dive into the mechanical world. I know almost nothing about the truck other than it's a 1942 build (still has small diameter diff in front), it has a Navy ID plate on it, it has had a Marine paint job at one point, and it was used and abused as a logging truck for many years. It came to me with problems with its fuel system, exhaust system, and non-functional hydraulic brakes. I've been rebuilding it slowly under the assumption the engine was original but I made a discovery tonight that now makes me think I'm wrong about that. After having issues with her first start up test I've been examining the engine closely and I sound the serial number on the engine might from a later Dodge.

Can anyone help me identify what I have here? The engine serial number reads: D34-I94924 (I think). I'll include some photos below. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

Engine Serial Number:
20180713_234817.jpg

Body Tag
20180713_234806.jpg

The whole thing
20160812_200410.jpg

68t

Well its a great looking wc52 so keep up the good work. Also try g503 website there a lot of ww2 mv folks over there too. I have found a lot of ww2 parts on both these websites. I got three halftracks and other ww2 vehicles and stuff.:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks