• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1100x20 tires on an M211?

jdmcm

Ok guys,

can you put the taller 1100X20's on M211 rims and run them dual? Would that not increase the over all gear ratio a touch and give you a little more highway speed? Are the M211 and M135 rims different or just reversed like on a modern highway tractor? On my Pete I just carry one spare mounted on a rim and can run it either way inside or out depending on which tire goes flat..now of course these are all hub pilot wheels now compared to the old stud pilot of years past (budd). Anyway possible or not?

deuceman51

I believe that you can since the spacing of the M35 and M211 is almost identical. Several members have put 11.00s on their m35s. This of course reduced the clearence from wheel to bed and wheel to wheel. The m135 and M211 did use different rims. It is a very minor difference that has to do with a couple of degrees of offset on the rim itself.

butch atkins

bigger tires on m211

tm 9-8024 says the m135 single tire rims have a 5 1/8 in offset,m211 ,215 220 etc have a 6 3/16 in offset,ord 9 arts book shows this also,also gives different part #s for the hub that the brake drum and tire bolt up to,i think that the reason they do this is so that the correct hub/rim combination will allow aqll the tires to track correctly,as in all 6 wheels on m135 would run in the same track,also so that the front and inside rear tires on dual rear wheel trucks would run in same track,interesting thought,try it and see what happens,i do know for sure that there is a lot of difference between the m135 ,m211 rims almost bought a sett of 6 untill i went to try and put them on my truck ,clearance will be a major issue if you plan to drive offroad with the 1100-20 on a m211 bed,glad i tried them before i paid for them

the m135 rims are made to only go on the hub one way if turned around the lug nut hole is not taperd where the lug nut touches the wheel .I used 10x20 on my 211 and I thought the tire was kind of close to the spring seat but never a problem . 1100x20 will be closer

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ran 11.00x20 for years on my M211 with no problems. I used the original M211 dually rims. I liked them a lot better on the front because they did not wear out as fast as the 9.00's. Go for it and no worries! I used the truck as a farm grain hauler, stone hauler, and had an 11' angle plow on the front for winter.
Regards Marti

jdmcm

Thanks guys for the quick response, I have one truck in need of tires so I think I will try it and see how I fair. Will keep you up to date.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks