• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10k half shaft disassembly

rcamacho

Getting stuck on how to disassemble the shaft joints for inspection and boot repair. I would prefer to disassemble from the hub side as the rotor side outer snap ring looks like a destructive process (its not moving)

Rotor side with external ring

Hub side. Inner snap ring moved however it will not tap off shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcamacho

Looks like the rotor side CV is specified for disassembly in the TM. Suggestions how to get the retaining ring off in one piece or replacement part #?

DatGuyC

When I took mine apart the rotor side was super easy. The retaining ring was just a split ring that popped out with a flat head screw driver and the CV balls just slid out of the housing. Are you sure those are 10k and not 7.5k half shafts? I think the rotor side of mine looked a little different than the picture you posted.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think this has been answered before but I didn't find it. Can 10K shafts be swapped directly for 7.5K's?

rcamacho

Stilltring to figure out 7k disassembly if the rotor side ring is a destructive removal. Thinking I’ll go to 12k shafts next time

rcamacho

Used “pipe trick” method to separate hub side CV joint. Used (2) 1x4 pieces of lumber under the CV from either side and some gravity assisted hits. It only took 3 hits.

Now re-greasing and booting the shaft.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks