• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do you diagnose a bad flasher?

sgms18

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got power at wire# 467-B at my flasher plug that comes & goes w/the column sw. Left, right or hazzard lightes up that same wire but no power coming out on either of the other 2 wires. Does that mean the flasher itself is bad? I verified my ground by hooking my test light ground to the flasher ground. I have no turn signals at all front or rear.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You should have the pulse on 460/461 out of the switch on the column. Switch to the left or right you should have a constant call for power to the column switch 460/461 and the 2 wires for the trailer plug should pulse as well. Check for those as well. I have had signals from the switch on those wires be dead. I ended up just jumping from the trailer plug light wire to the truck turn signal wire.

On 460/461 you will see power but your test light should pulse. If it does then the flasher is working.

sgms18

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got power at 460 with the lights turned on & i got constant power (no flash) at 467-B when u turn the switch left or right & nothing anywhere else

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
460 should pulse when the switch is on its direct so if it is not pulsing then your flasher is bad. You can upgrade to an electroic flasher for future LED upgrades. Grote # 44010 on ebay.

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
460 should pulse when the switch is on its direct so if it is not pulsing then your flasher is bad. You can upgrade to an electroic flasher for future LED upgrades. Grote # 44010 on ebay.
Not trying to hyjack the thread but it may apply to one of my trucks M35 with flat bed. I installed 24v 4" round led taillights and I'm getting voltage bleed when turning on the taillights. Basically with lights on the second stage of the taillights, bright "brake" are illuminated. Lights off they function properly brake and turn. I don't know if the Grote flasher would help out? They are currently wired separate 2 lights for tail lights and turn signals, then a separate pair that are off and only light when braking.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks