• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151-a2 Motor pool restoration IN PICS!

Lindsaym151

IMG_1535.jpgIMG_1536.jpgIMG_1537.jpgIMG_1538.jpgIMG_1539.jpgIMG_1540.jpgOK as promised, Engine is in, drive train installed, all electrics completed.
Still to do ,Install air cleaner.
Waiting for fording valve(I broke mine the other day) then I will hook up all vacuum lines.
I'm going to delete the emissions canister and hoses.
At this point I cant see it working after 47 yrs.
It was a long day but worth it!

Lindsaym151

Well we got the whole vehicle back together today by noon.
Then tried to start it and nothing!
Charged both battery's through out the day , both holding 12 volts .
Start following my power and trying to find my missing connection(8hrs latter and a call to Fill Bonica) found out as soon as you put a load on circuit batterys go to 8 volts!
So now the truck is all torn apart again , scratched up, grease and dirty smudges .
Im off to the battery store on Thursday to try again!

Lindsaym151

2 new battery's today and all is well! entire vehicle is together!
still waiting on fording valve to arrive.
I have decided to remove the antique emission system. I will show in pics what you need to do to prevent "air lock"
as soon as the part comes in we will attempt to start!
If all goes well we should be rolling down the road by SATURDAY!!!!

Lindsaym151

SHE'S complete! test drove her today.
20 miles no issues!
those tires are AMAZEING!!!!! road very smooth and much quitter.
trying to download pics now with no luck!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lindsay151, I am curious which inline fuel filter you added to your truck. I have an M151A2 and I also added an inline fuel filter. The set up works well to keep any dirt out of the stock fuel filter. However, your inline filter is bigger and I would like to upgrade mine. Please advise. Thank you!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks