• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Central Wisconsin military show Aug 10, 2018 - Aug 11, 2018.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well AC went out so had to jump a fresh mount, I will be in a new Ford cargo van, Ziggy should be in a dark green burban with camo M101 trailer.
DSCN4689.jpg DSCN4690.jpg

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well AC went out so had to jump a fresh mount, I will be in a new Ford cargo van, Ziggy should be in a dark green burban with camo M101 trailer.

Actually, I am in a white f250 aptly named "mothball" towing a black haulmark cargo trailer-- both with NE tags......... (I considered bringing the Suburban with M101 but this way I could fit more stuff to bring)..........

Z

Flash

This event was really nice!
After all of the years of seeing grass and more grass at Iola, Tom’s place is paradise! There is so much to see, and Tom & Dale are amazing hosts. Lots of nice iron in the show area! The atmosphere of the entire event was extremely friendly and relaxing. Saw a lot of old friends and had some laughs. Awesome time, can hardly wait until next year.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just got home and had a great time. Left just after the brat bash during the awards. Drove to just North of Albert Lee then motel till 0600 then back on the road, Just got here 30mins ago. Always great to spend time with OD sick folks!

Just got home and had a great time. Left just after the brat bash during the awards. Drove to just North of Albert Lee then motel till 0600 then back on the road, Just got here 30mins ago. Always great to spend time with OD sick folks!
I have been home for about three hours. We left Friday afternoon - but we took the "scenic" route. :)

Nice to talk with you.

Did the puddles ever dry up - or were they still green when you left?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Still green and along with a few other things I did not bring a camera for documentation, did however get a nice pen up there to take notes!

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My dad and I had a good time....... the only thing wrong with the trip for me was getting "catfished" by a guy claiming to have some early cj stuff about a 2.5 hours drive north of the show........ 5 hours of round trip driving, about $70 in fuel and I find a guy that has a pile of parts that look like they have been sitting under water for years-- whats more, once we arrived, he said he would not sell anything because its "so valuable". I don't get people. Why advertise that you have stuff for sale, lie about condition on the phone, and then say right on arrival that nothing is for sale because its "too valuable". Was it just a ploy to get someone to oogle his pile of crap in hopes of sparking some sort of envy? I think so, but it didn't elicit envy from me but rather pity-- pity that there are such moronic piles of dna rejects in this world. If there was ever a candidate for electro shock experimentation, this dude would have been it............

My dad and I had a good time....... the only thing wrong with the trip for me was getting "catfished" by a guy claiming to have some early cj stuff about a 2.5 hours drive north of the show........ 5 hours of round trip driving, about $70 in fuel and I find a guy that has a pile of parts that look like they have been sitting under water for years-- whats more, once we arrived, he said he would not sell anything because its "so valuable". I don't get people. Why advertise that you have stuff for sale, lie about condition on the phone, and then say right on arrival that nothing is for sale because its "too valuable". Was it just a ploy to get someone to oogle his pile of crap in hopes of sparking some sort of envy? I think so, but it didn't elicit envy from me but rather pity-- pity that there are such moronic piles of dna rejects in this world. If there was ever a candidate for electro shock experimentation, this dude would have been it............

Bummer!

Maybe he is a member here - and can learn (or not learn).

undysworld

If I had to boil the show down into two words, they would be: ENJOYABLE and HOT.

Attendance on Saturday felt a little down from last year, but this show was a 2-day event, and overall there were probably just as many visitors over the two days. In addition, the swap area was twice as big as last year, plus the museum was open, so people were more spread out. Wisconsin was showing how hot and humid it can be. As hot as it was, I heard from a lot of people who were pleased with the new showers and I saw a lot of folks venturing into the river to cool off.

At the front gate, I had the opportunity to talk with a lot of departing spectators, and I heard the words 'excellent', 'great', etc. from a majority of them. Every swap vendor I spoke with said they had had good or great sales. It would have been wonderful to have had more spectators, but it's more important that those who came had a fun time. Tom has promised to get next year's flyer ready and printed within a month, so it's available for download and distribution. He's hoping for an even bigger show next year.

Lots of good photos soon to come on Motorama's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Motorama.Auto.Museum/. Too many for me to try and post here.

Thanks to everyone who attended!! A show ain't a show unless people show up.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks