• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Central Wisconsin military show Aug 10, 2018 - Aug 11, 2018.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm planning on going. Plan to sell and camp. G749, M211, M135 deuce and Cj2a, M38a1 jeep parts. LMK if someone needs something.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I should be up there with the usually assortment of nick nacks. I'll be in the candy van

000_0129.jpg candy man.jpg
I will have some used 6 step aluminum ladders, used plastic water and fuel cans also a few new in the box. New in the box 5gal Cambro liquid containers
DSCN4657.jpg cammy.jpg
Also have the newest style Field oven NOS but has to have a buyer @ $125 to make the trip
m59.jpg mfkoven.jpg

Last edited:

englishmauser

E7A854B5-6406-4B2C-AE17-C69371C8A31A.jpg0890CB51-F980-4D1F-9D88-2AAEA777775F.jpg
I have a M35a2 battery box and lug nut tool for sale if anyone is interested in them. I’m not a vendor so I won’t take them unless someone is interested. Thanks.

undysworld

Who’s Going?​
Is anyone NOT going?
Word from a couple of the locals here is that Major Tom's been busy and the show grounds have been greatly improved again this year.

An expanded swap area, with SHADE :D:D plus options for camping right at your swap stall.
More space for the re-enactor's encampment :tank: featuring BATTLES.
Did I mention, more BEER at the Museum Bar??:beer:
Lots of pictures and more info can be found on the Motorama Auto Museum Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Motorama.Auto.Museum. See ya there, probably at the front gate again.

undysworld

Does anybody know if they have showers there?
As far as I know, no, they didn't get built yet. Pretty sure they'll be there for next summer though.

I know they were high on the priority list, but clearing the additional land was the most important task. They did a ton of ground work, but they had a lot of rain this spring, so even that took longer than expected.
Needless to say, it takes a lot of infrastructure to host a major show. Iola with all the amenities was a good example, but it was built up over many years. Motorama Auto Museum has only been open for a few years and only hosted the first show there last year. They'll get there.

undysworld

As far as I know, no, they didn't get built yet. Pretty sure they'll be there for next summer though.
Please allow me to stand corrected! - I just talked to Tom today, and he says he WILL have showers by show time! They have plans to construct some temporary shower facilities for the show. They won't be fancy, but they'll wash the stink off and be mighty welcome if it gets real hot here then.

Sounds like the new swap area is HUGE. He also said he's got a "bumper crop" of re-enactors pre-registered this year too.

Show gates will open on Thursday, Aug. 9 for move-in & the private participants-only party day. There's still some room available for show vehicles, but the earlier you arrive the better.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Mule how much for a ladder and new fuel tank
only ladder one left not counting yours rideoffroad $100ea, NOS plastic fuel cans $80, I paid too much for them, new H20 $40,used also at $25.

undysworld some of the regulars from the Iola show will be there also, and just got off the phone with Ziggy and he is coming out from Nebraska

Last edited:

undysworld

undysworld some of the regulars from the Iola show will be there also, and just got off the phone with Ziggy and he is coming out from Nebraska
MWMULES: That's great, thanks. It's awesome that these guys travel so far.

More good news, one of last year's vendors will be serving breakfast starting at 6am, plus Milwaukee Smoked BBQ will be joining the food court lineup. (If you like BBQ, this is the bomb!)

Tom asked that I reiterate that NO PETS ARE ALLOWED on the museum grounds during the car show. (Service dogs will be admitted.)

Last year's show was a huge success, and I'm looking forward to this one being even better. Just one week...:jumpin:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Ziggy and I will be set up in the B vendor section space B8-B11. Stop by and say hello

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks