• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2018 - July VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote for MV of the month! Feel free to campaign in this thread, but please keep it here and not via PM.

1. amgeneral72
amgeneral72.jpg

2. Derrickl112
Derrickl112.jpg

3. mweidhaas
mweidhaas.jpg

4. MississippiRifle
MississippiRifle.jpg

5. Retiredwarhorses
Retiredwarhorses.jpg

6. Kaiser67M715
Kaiser67M715.jpg

7. suzukovich
suzukovich.jpg

8. longshot2171
longshot2171.jpg

9. MyothersanM1
MyothersanM1.jpg

10. sandcobra164
sandcobra164.jpg

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When the candidates were lining up for this month's poll I really thought that I had already decided which truck & owner I would be voting for.

But alas, here I am at the polling place and am now completely UNdecided on who the best-of-the-best might be.

I sure do NEED to be convinced who my "not-so-secret" ballot should endorse.

Let's see some of that CAMPAIGNING STUFF here. (Besides, we all like a good back-story and lots of PICTURES!)

The clock is ticking toward the close of the polls. Give us your best pitch!

Migginsbros

Let's see some of that CAMPAIGNING STUFF here. (Besides, we all like a good back-story and lots of PICTURES!)

The clock is ticking toward the close of the polls. Give us your best pitch!
Yes, hard to decide this month. A picture loaded campaign will help to make a choice.
Good luck to you´re all.
:driver::driver:

Edit: spelling only8)

Last edited:

sandcobra164

Vote For Sandcobra164

I've got to upload some new pictures to show more recent activity. Luckily I got a smartphone today and have the capability. More to follow but these pictures show a hard working truck and an happy owner with Wonderful Young Boys! I know some in the running this month have more time dedicated to there trucks than me, Kudo's to them. I appealing to the voters who Love to see pictures of Family Time in a 5 ton!

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I usually stay out of these, but in this case I'm going to go with, and do a quick blurb for, Amgenerals' vehicle, because I got to examine it in person at the MVPA convention, and reeeealy liked it!
Nothing against the other splendid vehicles.

The vehicle itself was in great shape, with a fully equipped interior, and lots of accessories. The attention to detail, and gathering all the toys, is commendable, and lead to a very impressive display vehicle.
As always, I wish I had taken more photos.

Cheers

Attachments

mweidhaas

Wheaty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are a few more photos of my deuce. I actually have two late model (88’) Air Force M35A2C's. They are 3 serial numbers apart and have the dual circuit brakes. They were both purchased by an aircraft mechanic from the Davis Monthan AB in Tucson. One is essentially a parts truck, the other gets used regularly. If anyone needs parts just let me know. Not sure about the parts truck, but the running one has less than 9000 miles on it. It is not a garage queen by any means. My friend has a 1966 M109A3. Seems we are always working on one or the other. Recently installed some Goodyear G177's. Comms gear is a Kenwood TM-V71 / MARS mod w/200W 144-174 MHz FM amp. Going to mill the spring perches down this weekend for a better steering feel. A/C will be next.
IMG_1886.jpg IMG_2214.jpg IMG_2241.jpg IMG_2251.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need a knowledgeable response here.....

A Member has PM'd me, apparently unable to VOTE via Tapatalk.

Here is our PM exchange....

x said:
How do you vote just hit thank?

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk
I see you're using Tapatalk on your phone. That is a very good question.
Every time I have voted or participated in a Poll it's been via my laptop computer.
Since you've asked, I have checked on my phone and do not see the voting option, nor the current ballot tally as I do on the computer.
I will post an appropriate question to the thread. I'm sure we aren't the only ones questioning the Poll functionality via Tapatalk.

Be blessed.
John

(End quote)
---------------------

So, can anyone render some concise instructions for all to benefit from???

Thanks in advance.

John

SouthJL

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don’t see it on my Tapatalk either, on IOS.

Plenty of other forums had the same question. Found this Tapatalk article stating it’s on the roadmap for the future. But there was a similar article from 2015 saying future functionality as well.

I think you will need to use the web version. Within Tapatalk there is an option to view a web version. (3 ellipses top right, then web view icon)

You have to login independently from Tapatalk and probably have to switch the steelsoldiers site to the “full website” version instead of the mobile version if you are on a mobile device.

phpBB Poll integration of Tapatalk & BYO App
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...alksupport/viewtopic.php?t=39864&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

longshot2171

IMG_0670.jpgIMG_0669.jpgIMG_0668.jpg These are from spring 2006. Check out the dust after seeing sunlight after almost 10 years of garaged slumber....Bad gas, Bad misfire rotted 1969 tires and only 1 out of 8 brake shoes would move. This was the definition of a white knucke test drive.

Kaiser67M715

Here's a few updated pictures of mine for what it's worth, Longshot2171 has a great MV, best of luck to all.

Mine has been a work in progress, finally was able to get back to dual rear tires. I have to look it up, but I think I picked up the truck in 2014.... so 4 years to finally put duals on. Other then that it's been mostly maintence, still trying to get it all set for a paint job, and working on getting lumber to redo the troop seats...eventually.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks