• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1045A2 No Lights at all

StrikeEagleNuke

Hey fellas,

Just got my HMMWV delivered this morning. I think everything is working on it just fine except none of the lights come on in any of the switch positions. Also my "wait" light and "brake" light do not illuminate, and neither do any gauge backlights. I was wondering if there is some kind of master fuse for that portion of the electronics.

This is my first post, I tried to go through the other posts to see if anyone had this issue yet and it doesn't seem like anyone has had a complete light outage.

I just got my 2003 M1045A2 Slant Back with the 6.5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you sure of the three lever switch operations? Lower left should be all the way up, and top should be two clicks to the right. The lower right is the unlock to move them freely

Hey fellas,

Just got my HMMWV delivered this morning. I think everything is working on it just fine except none of the lights come on in any of the switch positions. Also my "wait" light and "brake" light do not illuminate, and neither do any gauge backlights. I was wondering if there is some kind of master fuse for that portion of the electronics.

This is my first post, I tried to go through the other posts to see if anyone had this issue yet and it doesn't seem like anyone has had a complete light outage.

I just got my 2003 M1045A2 Slant Back with the 6.5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.
Do the gauges work? When you look to the right and left of your speed you'll see these green covered things. If you turn that to the left you'll open up where your gauge lights are. Make sure the bulbs aren't burned out. If the bulb is good, then I would check the ground. When you look to the right of the cluster, behind your heat controls, you should have two ground wires, make sure they are connected.

When it comes to the weight and brake lights, it could be anything from cut wire to the light not even plugged in.

What about your head lights and tail lights? Do those not work as well?

papakb

Circuit breaker 2 interrupts power to the master start switch and will kill everything you've described. It's located on the backside of the dash panel.

Last edited:

cwajciec

When I got my M998 with the push button light switch it burned out the main power wire into plug. I re-inserted the power wire and replaced with a rebuilt lever switch and all is well. Check to see if you have power at the plug first; can’t remember the letter on the plug but there is a good troubleshooting procedure in the TM.

StrikeEagleNuke

Thanks for all the suggestions fellas. After just messing with the switch a lot and seeing if any wires are loose, I am able to turn on the front and rear marker lights. None of the side marker lights work, which they did for a bit. The headlight do not work at all. Turn signals seem to work to. I'm starting to think it may be a ground issue for all of the outside lights. I will check the instrument panel for burned out bulbs and the fuse. Also I'll try to trace the cause of the wait and brake lights. Again thanks for all the help so far. That will give me something to do this weekend. I'll keep you guys updated on what works.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks