• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CREW DUKE on FMTV?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What does the hive think of putting a CREW DUKE antenna on FMTV? This anti-IED EW coolness came about after my time, seems like you only see these on HMMWV and M-ATVs. Anyway, for $26 on ebay I could not resist.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Total height 12 ft 6 in. Not sure where to put it after this truck gets war pigged out, meaning no more roof.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Highest point toward the front" says my recent-service Marine son.

I have that antenna's little brother on an M1009

Cheers

Attachments

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Total height 12 ft 6 in. Not sure where to put it after this truck gets war pigged out, meaning no more roof.
I've posted a pic or two of LVAD cabs with radio antenna mounts on the lower part of the cab, aft of the door. See attached.

However, you'd want that antenna on the leading corner, so, bolted onto the bumper or similar would work too.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've posted a pic or two of LVAD cabs with radio antenna mounts on the lower part of the cab, aft of the door. See attached.

However, you'd want that antenna on the leading corner, so, bolted onto the bumper or similar would work too.

Sweet pic of another 82ABN 3-319 abn field arty M1093 w/w M777 tow rig. I suppose this is at Bragg?

If you ever come across the antenna mount dovetail piece that fits between the sugar scoop and the plate attached to the cab, please let me know. The truck in my picture has that same set up on the opposite side, but only the cab plate piece is present.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet pic of another 82ABN 3-319 abn field arty M1093 w/w M777 tow rig. I suppose this is at Bragg?

If you ever come across the antenna mount dovetail piece that fits between the sugar scoop and the plate attached to the cab, please let me know. The truck in my picture has that same set up on the opposite side, but only the cab plate piece is present.
Yeah, I caught it during a commute or similar. I don't see many trucks these days. In before most start and off after.

I don't even know what that piece would be! haha.

wandering neurons

So my M1081 from Ft. Bragg has the dovetail plate and an antenna wire sticking out, on the passenger side behind the door. Was wondering what this was for and if I could use it for anything. Though I pulled the passenger side radio rack out, it was empty, and put another storage bin in its place. Nice to have an idea what should be there.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Will post a tech update i guess you would call it. You see some dukes with a rubber hose and 2 clamps over the spring. this is a anti vibration thing i believe. I am having a hard time keeping the screws that fix the upper section to the base. Tried blue red and green locktite and they will still walk out. Cut a piece of radiator hose and banded it around the spring and havent lost a screw yet. Plus it also keeps it from whipping around in the wind. Yet it does look cool while driving when it's constantly making its own circle at the same speed for miles and miles

Reworked LMTV

Will post a tech update i guess you would call it. You see some dukes with a rubber hose and 2 clamps over the spring. this is a anti vibration thing i believe. I am having a hard time keeping the screws that fix the upper section to the base. Tried blue red and green locktite and they will still walk out. Cut a piece of radiator hose and banded it around the spring and havent lost a screw yet. Plus it also keeps it from whipping around in the wind. Yet it does look cool while driving when it's constantly making its own circle at the same speed for miles and miles
I read up on these. Do you actually use this for anything?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I read up on these. Do you actually use this for anything?
Its a training antenna so it doesn't have any use. Just for looks I have it on my bumper for clearance purposes mostly. my bumper is 102" wide plus it sticks out nearly 3ft in front of the hood.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks