• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1079 12v power????

GARRETTH11

im wiring in new head lights and some other lights on a m1079 lmtv [coms truck] is there anywhere you know of that has 12v power other then by isolating batterys

sandcobra164

The newer ones have a convenience outlet on the passenger side dash. One issue I see in the National Guard is people plugging their phones up to the outlet when the truck is parked for a few days. I'm sad to say that a smart phone can kill an LMTV within a few days of not running the truck. I disconnect the plug if I check the batteries and one pair is below 12 but the other two are sitting at 12.5 or higher. I brief it everytime we go to the field. If you plug something into the outlet, you better be running the truck. I learned that trick from the motorpool aboard Camp Ripley Minnesota. We did a rotation there and every LMTV that we drew from the equipment pool had the outlet disabled.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks