• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

UII Code

gsv

My humvee has a UII tag above the data plate. Can that be used as a VIN or is it useful at all?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
You have one with a UII code???!!!!??!!!??

That should have never been released. What's the serial number so I can contact them to recover it. Big no, no. UII codes are highly classified.

VIN is on the data plate. The registration number has nothing to do with it. It's a closed thread but you may want to look at the very first post of one of the past VIN INFO Threads. The database is no longer available. DoD shut it down.

BLK HMMWV

looks like the DOD required them to be on anything valued at $5,000 or more starting in 2005.
From what I read it is for the life of the vehicle even after upgrades so it sort of is a Vin # but for the military.
Interesting post.
Nowadays it may be more of a hindrance then a help when trying to get a title for on highway use in some states I would guess for emission reasons.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have one with a UII code???!!!!??!!!??

That should have never been released. What's the serial number so I can contact them to recover it. Big no, no. UII codes are highly classified.

VIN is on the data plate. The registration number has nothing to do with it. It's a closed thread but you may want to look at the very first post of one of the past VIN INFO Threads. The database is no longer available. DoD shut it down.

I have had numerous trucks with completly unmolested UII tags....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks