• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-016D High voltage. Newbe Help

Max Bladwin

Hello,
This is my 1st post so bear with me. I have an issue with a MEP-016D with High voltage. It runs at about 170 volts at the convenient ports. The Hz meter is also not functioning. It has a stock voltage regulator. You guys have any thoughts on if this a voltage regulator problem or what to check? I am use to working with 015a's and this is a little over my head.
Thanks

Guyfang

Staff member
The hertz meter works off a Frequency Transducer. find the two wire that go from the meter to the Freq Transducer. There should be two other wires on the Transducer. They should be AC. Measure there to see if you have input to the transducer. If so, then see what the output to the meter is.

Only two things can make the AC voltage go up. The volt regulator, and the AC volt rheostat, (volt increase knob) so I would check the Restat first. The procedure is in the TM. The TM is in the TM Forum. I would send a link, but doing this on a phone is a problem for me. So if you havent done so, down load the TM. Have you ever seen this gen set work right?

Guyfang

Staff member
If you hold your pointer over the black area, and move it around, you will see that all the TM's are there. I dont know why, but when I uploaded them, some books were not shown with a picture of the TM cover.

Max Bladwin

Thanks for all the responses.
I tested the voltage rheostat and got between 0 and 759 ohms. So bad voltage regulator? Where can I pick one up at a reasonable price?
I'm going to wait to test Hertz meter. I found the fuel filter floating in the day tank and want that fixed before I run the engine.
As for see it run. I just got it. The engine works fine and have ran it for a couple hours, while I looked at the electrical. I do have another I can compare it to.

Last edited:

Max Bladwin

Voltage regulator was the issue. I installed the replacment and it ran as it should. Can the stock VR be rebuilt?
The SX460 avr looks like it really cleans it up. I have another unit I may try that on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks