• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steelsoldiers’ Big M37B1 Project

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have decided to ditch the homemade hard top. I’m either going to find a take-off soft top frame and use a canvas top or wait until I build a roll cage and install an aluminum or fabric bikini top on top of it. Any thoughts on this, guys?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have decided to ditch the homemade hard top. I’m either going to find a take-off soft top frame and use a canvas top or wait until I build a roll cage and install an aluminum or fabric bikini top on top of it. Any thoughts on this, guys?
Agreed. That homemade top looks awful. I have a set of the soft top frame parts that go over the door that need a new home. Let me check if they are usable and get back with you.

CGarbee

I'll be mighty disappointed if you don't bring it to my gathering in Virginia so that you can ride the trails behind my XM708, Cummins 4BT powered M37, Ferro's and John's M37's, Blake's M201...etc...

Meanwhile, I see that you have a non-winch bumper but are missing the bottom piece of the grill guard. I have a few in hand if you need one (grill guard, not winches/bumpers...). :)
I also have a couple of early hard tops...

It looks like a good restoration candidate.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'll be mighty disappointed if you don't bring it to my gathering in Virginia so that you can ride the trails behind my XM708, Cummins 4BT powered M37, Ferro's and John's M37's, Blake's M201...etc...

Meanwhile, I see that you have a non-winch bumper but are missing the bottom piece of the grill guard. I have a few in hand if you need one (grill guard, not winches/bumpers...). :)
I also have a couple of early hard tops...

It looks like a good restoration candidate.
Hey Cabell! Great to hear from you! Your Graves Mountain event is definitely on my list. It would be great to see all of those guys again

It looks like my truck was once a winch truck. You can see where the PTO and its shift lever were mounted. I would like to add a winch some day, but it’s not real high on my priorities list at this point. I’ll have to buy one of those grill guard pieces from you. I may have to talk to you about a hard top top too if you’re thinking about parting with one.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Got to go for a quick run down our private road in my M37 today. I kept it low and slow since the brakes are nonexistent, but it was still fun to drive it! Love the speedometer with the +/- 10mph margin of error! :-D

Here’s a quick video: https://youtu.be/HQGCbGWMaBc

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks