• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

crushable copper washers for M101a2 master brake cly

BuckRun

Would anyone know where I can get the 2 sealing copper washers for the M101a2 master clyinder. Tried napa, local auto stores with no luck. I mic'd the ID and OD of the 2 washers. #1- ID .504" OD .8165". tk - 1/32". #2- ID .5953" OD .8283" tk 1/32"

tobyS

Fastenall or maybe NAPA in their brake fittings.

Many people use aluminum "crush washers", but I still prefer copper.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would anyone know where I can get the 2 sealing copper washers for the M101a2 master clyinder. Tried napa, local auto stores with no luck. I mic'd the ID and OD of the 2 washers. #1- ID .504" OD .8165". tk - 1/32". #2- ID .5953" OD .8283" tk 1/32"
If these are the washer for the banjo fitting the TM shows them being the same part number nsn 5310002756635 .
TM9-2330-202-14&P
page 294 of 415
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/upload/trailer/TM9-2330-202-14&P.pdf

A search of parttarget shows it is the same as the 5 tons and deuces.
Eriks Military surplus has them.
https://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/cowaforbafio.html

http://www.parttarget.com/5310-00-275-6635_5310002756635_R21124.html

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If you still have the old ones you can anneal them.
Yep I have done that a lot in a former life, used to do field service on Swedish machines that used those banjo fittings everywhere . Lay them on a fire proof surface use propane torch, heat till cherry red and let them cool naturally

tobyS

Napa or any real parts store. These are common items for brake hoses typically on calipers as each side uses 2 . They do not have to be exact. As long as the banjo bolt passes through and the sealing surface contacts the ridges you can have some variance.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/shop/b/...rake-banjo-bolts---washers-17569/8da5de08ee02
Interestingly, the two Oreilly pages don't seem to have the banjo bolt (thus the correct crush washer) in 1/2"-20, like our wheel cylinders. Putting the size with "banjo bolt" into Google does bring several results.

What is hard to find is the block that goes with the banjo bolt for 1/2" x 1/4" tube.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interestingly, the two Oreilly pages don't seem to have the banjo bolt (thus the correct crush washer) in 1/2"-20, like our wheel cylinders. Putting the size with "banjo bolt" into Google does bring several results.

What is hard to find is the block that goes with the banjo bolt for 1/2" x 1/4" tube.
The block is more specialized. Eaton/ Weatherhead/ Edelmann brass fittings would be the manufacturers to check.

Croft might also carry the OE from Mendenhall who makes the surge unit.

I only linked to O'reillys but I am sure Raybestos Catalog ( Supplies NAPA and most of the aftermarket) or web would have the complete listing of washers. They make washers for all applications as common to be replaced when calipers or hoses are changed. Banjo bolts typically are reused and more specialized according to application.

BigRig379

Aircraftspruce has them I believe. If the washer has an ms number you might be able to search that and should come right up. Hit or miss thoe with the part number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Buy new ones.

I tried that process and they still leaked.
Bought and installed brand new ones from Croft
No leaks and No issues since.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks