• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LOUISIANA HMMWV registration woes... any tips and tricks?

wclark4000

Greetings!

New member here, with an M998 in Louisiana. Before I placed a bid on my truck, I checked with the state motor vehicles department and got a green light for on-road registration, but three months later when I actually picked up the vehicle (broken ankle in between) I was told the state had basically changed their minds and were actually in the process of revoking all on-road registrations in the system, citing a lack of DOT compliance. I'm hearing rumors that AM General is actually behind this on a national level as they're concerned about potential liability.

Has anyone else run into this and been able to overcome it? Although I understand why AM General would be concerned, I find it hard to look somebody straight in the eye and hear them talking about safety concerns as a motorcycle whizzes by, and the general public shouldn't have to suffer for the sins of the 'stupid'. I bought my truck to be a daily driver, not a quarterly toy and parade warrior, so any insight and/or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Since this is my first post, hopefully 1) I put it in the right place; and 2) I'll figure out how to read and comment on replies. That said, I appreciate all the expertise and experience this board represents and look forward to your assistance.

Regards,

Bill Clark
1SG, USAR
215th MPAD
New Orleans, LA

Last edited by a moderator:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the madness.

Read this post. Will explain in lots of detail the La saga and resolution
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...-Provides-for-Military-Surplus-Motor-Vehicles

Hang tight till Jan and you will be good to go.

Change your location from USA as the site rules ask you location.

If you have any questions, pm and I will be glad to help. We can do lunch or maybe I can tempt you with some of my extra parts....

Good to see another member in N'Awlins :)

wclark4000

Change your location from USA as the site rules ask you location.

If you have any questions, pm and I will be glad to help. We can do lunch or maybe I can tempt you with some of my extra parts....

Good to see another member in N'Awlins :)
Thnaks!

I'll need to figure out where to set my location, and I'll take a look at the other post... I'm just down the way in New Sarpy, so we'll definitely need to get together and swap some lies!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks