• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FNG with M1009 from Alabama! Roll Tide!

SouthernSteel256

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Newbie from North Alabama. Just picked up my first MV, 84' m1009 K5, 72k original miles, rust free out of CA. Deployed overseas so haven't had my hands on her yet but she is heading to AL as we speak. Already looking at a few upgrades and MODs. That is what brought me here to the crust bucket community, advice, parts, dirty jokes, and maybe add some friends to the list.

Looking forward to learning and sharing the progress of the ol' girl as I fix her up for my two young boys and I to enjoy.

Near future Upgrades/fixes
- Adding Banks Sidewinder turbo
-24v-12v
-3"-4" lift,
-paint (could use some advice/ tips on quality/durable options) Not looking for show quality
- Driver Seat replacement
-LED external lights

-Down the road considering 1Tons possibly.
-Sliding windows for bed shell/cap
-half doors/tube doors (for the summer)
- Ice Cold Beer Cooler for those long summer days on the trails

Attachments

someoldmoose

Good looking machine. Stay low, and come back safely. The last mod on yer list is the first one I did on my Big Girl. It has cut into others getting done. :beer:

SouthernSteel256

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Going to need the last MOD to make it thru all the other MODS :) Big Gal is looking good!! I make it up to Wellsboro PA every year for bear season. Sure is gorgeous up that way.

Geux Tigers....When they aren't playing Bama!! Mothers side is from Slidell and Eunice, LA. Spend a lot of time over there. Can't beat the food!

Last edited:

someoldmoose

Going to need the last MOD to make it thru all the other MODS :) Big Gal is looking good!! I make it up to Wellsboro PA every year for bear season. Sure is gorgeous up that way.

Geux Tigers....When they aren't playing Bama!! Mothers side is from Slidell and Eunice, LA. Spend a lot of time over there. Can't beat the food!
If yer comin' up 81 to go to Wellsboro, honk as ya pass thru Harrisburg. I'm about 30 miles from there put I'll keep an ear open. Or if ya wanna take a detour I'll have the beer cold. Bear seem to be plentiful this year.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I knew I liked ya for a reason :)

sneekyeye

When you get back you ought to go out to take it out and ride up the mountain with us sometime. Ive not wheeled with anyone in HSV with another CUCV. The guys I ride with would get a kick out of it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks