Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Another M1010 owner

Thanks

We are back in business with the voltmeter with colors and numbers. Both seem to agree on the output...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Texan View Post
    We are back in business with the voltmeter with colors and numbers. Both seem to agree on the output...
    Very nice! I got a 100 ampere digital ammeter/voltmeter/power meter from Amazon for under $15. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I want to use it for my 24 volt air conditioning system but it could also work on the entire electrical system. Or it could just work on the alternator system..decisions, decisions.
    1986 M1031 SECM.
    1985 MEP 002A
    1974 MEP 026C, eventually converting to electric start.

Thanks

A few things have been happening while trying to work around rain...some more stuff from ORD during the sale they had. I replaced the mushy rubber sway bar with urethane ones. The truck now turns before rolling! Well worth it. Right front was rubbing the pitman arm so a little adjustment helped that out.

Thanks

LED's in the new tail lights were good. But I still wanted some more light to see what's back there... Last picture the wall is about 10 feet away
    Last edited by Mad Texan; 01-10-2019 at 21:27.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad Texan For This Useful Post:

Dock Rocker (01-10-2019), WARWAG (01-10-2019)

General
    Thanks

A few things have been happening while trying to work around rain...some more stuff from ORD ...
    Great products! I spy lift springs, sway bar disconnect, extended bump stops, . How high are you going?
    Rock shield looks great under the PS fuel tank.

LED's in the new tail lights were good. But I still wanted some more light to see what's back there... Last picture the wall is about 10 feet away
    Nice! Do they come on in reverse or are they switched?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshuak View Post
    Great products! I spy lift springs, sway bar disconnect, extended bump stops, . How high are you going?
    Rock shield looks great under the PS fuel tank.

Nice! Do they come on in reverse or are they switched?
    I'm going to do 4", tuff country hd's in the front, I chose the diy4x flip for the rear, still need to order a few things but almost have all the parts.

Lights come on with the reverse lights. So far they are great for lighting things up!

I been putting some miles on her since getting registered and inspected... so far so good. Belts of course needed adjustment again. And despite the taller tires the speedo seems to read 10% faster. On stock tires it must have said 70-75 when you were doing 55.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad Texan For This Useful Post:

joshuak (01-11-2019)

Colonel
    Thanks

Another project that I finally got back to was in the ashtray...
    This ashtray charging station is exactly the inspiration I've been looking for. Are you still happy with the MicTuning products?

Thought your IG username and truck looked familiar when I found it last night... Guess I need to visit the hotrodding section here more often! Great thread so far, and I'm really digging the clean and detail-oriented install work.

--- Gary

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Terracoma For This Useful Post:

Mad Texan (01-15-2019)

Thanks

The power meter I installed is from MicTuning. Really happy with it since I ruined the calibration on the stock 24 volt meter when installing the coolant temperature gauge. The power meter has voltage, current, power and energy, more suited to the alternative energy market. I installed it in the driver's side alternator ground for the ammeter shunt, then tapped into the existing voltmeter for voltage. This way it is showing the work of the alternators, far better than the stock voltmeter.
    1986 M1031 SECM.
    1985 MEP 002A
    1974 MEP 026C, eventually converting to electric start.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keith_J For This Useful Post:

Mad Texan (01-15-2019), TechnoWeenie (01-13-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terracoma View Post
    This ashtray charging station is exactly the inspiration I've been looking for. Are you still happy with the MicTuning products?

Thought your IG username and truck looked familiar when I found it last night... Guess I need to visit the hotrodding section here more often! Great thread so far, and I'm really digging the clean and detail-oriented install work.

Thanks Gary! I am happy with the stuff I got from MicTuning as well as Superbright LED's. The switch panel pieces ended up coming from both.

Yes, you need to visit both sections! Excellent knowledge in both of them!

Thanks again for the complements in the work I've done! Trying not to clutter things up and keep the systems understandable! If and when it warms up again I'm going after the abandoned DUVAC wiring to clean it out. Still of list of stuff to do but she's at least running and drivable now! She fired up when it was 18 degrees the other night without an issue...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_J View Post
    The power meter I installed is from MicTuning. Really happy with it since I ruined the calibration on the stock 24 volt meter when installing the coolant temperature gauge. The power meter has voltage, current, power and energy, more suited to the alternative energy market. I installed it in the driver's side alternator ground for the ammeter shunt, then tapped into the existing voltmeter for voltage. This way it is showing the work of the alternators, far better than the stock voltmeter.
    I looked quickly at the power meter you installed. It looked like it gave some great information. I'll have to look at it a little more closely.
    Last edited by Mad Texan; 01-15-2019 at 12:41.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast