• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M1010 owner

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A little experimentation... I would try again with a heat gun instead of the torch. After trying I scuffed, sprayed adhesion promoter, and sprayed with SEM Color Coat. Just put in an order with Precision Replacement Parts for some seals.

Good help is hard to find... :clinto:

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before I reinstalled the door panels I had ordered some new seals from Precision Replacement Parts. They fit great and went in with little effort. I think I'll get another pair of vent windows and replace the seals in them to expedite that portion of the job. The windows roll up and down so much nicer now!

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One other project in the interior that I got accomplished. A M1010 cup holder. I've been looking at the radio tray brackets knowing there was something they could be useful for. Here is what I did with the one... have plans for the other side as well.

Attachments

cruzer747

Nice job!! I was wanting to do this myself, what did you use for the chrome accent around the black on the door panels... paint or foil? Looks awesome!

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's been a while but she has been getting some exercise and showed some patriotism on the 4th! Copilot seemed happy?!?!?

On the hunt for a 700r4 tv cable bracket...

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been slacking on updates

I ordered and got some more suspension parts in to add to the collection. Rick (CUCVRUS) was gracious enough to help me out with a door since mine was missing so many parts! Nice to have a door with a handle and latches. Thanks again Rick!!!

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been driving her some and even went out of state! Roughly 1300 miles since getting her running again! In hopes that someday I actually install all these suspension parts I have started cleaning and painting the chassis with Chassis Saver. Wire brushing is soo much fun!

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Other side... ran into something that was slightly different then the M1010 box reference thread showed. Luckily I was able to flatten out the bundle. I added the foam into the cavities so the windows had something to clamp down on.

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cut through the floor for the filler... Note: would be much easier without the tank installed!!! :razz: I need to pick up a grommet for the vent line to protect it. Then I'll seal it and put the cover on.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks