• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help identifying m1102 radio stuff

98BlackHMC4

Hey all,

Im searching for an M1102 locally and someone Ive met along my search has one that is outfitted with some radio / communication stuff.
its quite the rack system and has some stuff still outfitted to it. I guess the roof portion was removed or cut off at some point but these are the pics i was able to get.

Can anyone help me identify what this stuff is? Is there any value to it? The seller is willing to pass it along with the trailer, not sure if its worth me owning or not. I'm not much of a radio or communications enthusiast, Figured i would start here to see what this stuff is and if anyone is looking for these types of things.

Thanks,
J

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. My personal opinion is to scrap all that stuff. I collect modern radio stuff and that setup does not appear to be something anyone is seeking.

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The frame might be usable, but the rest isn't. IIRC it's a server rack farm of some sort. Someone posted about a USMC version in the past.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some of the switches and connectors hold a little value, but you have to ask yourself if it’s worth your time to disassemble the pieces then sit on them until they sell for very little money. I tried selling some shelter components a couple of years ago. Nice switches, stainless hardware, very solid aluminum racks and shelves. No body wanted the parts. I ended scrapping all the aluminum. Just getting back usable space and getting rid of piles of crap was enough payment for me by that point (although the aluminum scrap netted a tidy sum too). I agree with bikeman, the frame looks like it could form the basis of something useful. Scrap the rest. Unless you have local interest in the cables and connectors it won’t be worth your effort to market as anything other than scrap.

NV555

I have the same one mine is the newer version.

It is a USMC data and com server trailer. It had a canvas top. It is about a foot or so shorter than the normal soft top.

It it was made in phx by Raytheon. I will take a pic of mine tomorrow and show you what I did.

It it has a project name and I don’t remeber at the moment but I think there is a post on here about it.

98BlackHMC4

I appreciate all replies in the matter,

its kind of what i figured is the parts were of no value since they are essentially just junction points for connections to much more valuable pieces.

If anyone sees anything they want, id be willing to send it out there way.

Thanks again,

J

BadRobot

I removed all equipments, cables, devices. Then I use it as overland trailer. I put roof top tent on it. It is not too hight and it is very steady. I put Hardigg storage boxes into skeleton. I can put 6 on each side but load and unload is quite a challenge due to height. However, they are air-tight so there are dust free.

NV555

951ED690-7977-4BEB-A9E1-65D0DD5BBC05.jpg613FE9D8-CFEC-4F29-ABA9-C296B19C3170.jpg8B0960C5-04E8-4956-8735-385F31F283B8.jpgE9922C7A-065D-43AA-8032-73843F5538BD.jpgF485F148-F21F-4C7A-ADF3-9A0C7BA0E821.jpg613FE9D8-CFEC-4F29-ABA9-C296B19C3170.jpg8B0960C5-04E8-4956-8735-385F31F283B8.jpgE9922C7A-065D-43AA-8032-73843F5538BD.jpg976B8919-B321-4CE3-B3B7-77B770B0D2C2.jpg

The pics of mine after several days of cutting. I kept part of the frame and made a bunk out of some of the shelf.

you can see that it is a lot shorter than a normal m1102.

98BlackHMC4

Ive considered many ways to salvage and repurpose this unit into a 3 person camper, basically 3 slots for people to sleep in, storage underneath. canvas overtop.
Lack of storage space prevents these ideas.

with ideas for kayaks and dirt bikes as well as the roof top tent i dont think any of the internal skeleton will be of much use - to the scrap yard it goes.

Im going to keep the hard dig sliders to make racks out of on the new trailer, also shelves in the garage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks